Dar-e-Arafat is an old institution involved in religious, dawah, training and social welfare activities.
It was established 35 years ago by Maulana Mohammad Rabey Hasani Nadwi and Maulana Sayyid
Muhammad Al-Hasani under the patronage of Hazrat Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Hasani Nadwi. During
35 years period it has performed a number of educational and welfare tasks. A training course is
continuing for the students (boys) qualifying from Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama. Moreover,
lectures from people of Dawah, learned men, scholars, intellectuals are also being organized.
In order to activate its department of publications, a department was established eight years
before by the name of Syed Ahmad Shaheed Academy, which, with all thanks to Allah, the
Almighty, has printed about 40 important books in Urdu, Arabic and English languages.
Since Dar-e-Arafat is the representative institution of Hazrat Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Hasani
Nadwi’s ideology and dawah, an extreme urgency was felt after the demise of Hazrat Maulana to
establish a permanent department to clarify his thinking and its practical structure which can
effectively carryout the tasks of Dar-e-Arafat in Dawah, ideological and research fields. This
department has been established by the name of “Imam Abul Hasan Ali Alnadwi center for
Research, Dawah and Islamic thoughts”. With all thanks to Allah, its magnificent building has also
been completed with the help of some philanthropists. It consists of two floor library, a big hall
and 14 rooms. One big room is for lectures, another room for historical documents has been
properly arranged relating to Hazrat Maulana. Four rooms are used for official purposes; one
room is being used for computer and another for composing work and one room is used as guest
room and four rooms are used for research workers.
It was formally inaugurated on 29-30 March 2008, which was participated by important people
throughout the country and an important delegation from Iran also took part in it and Dr. Syed
Salman Nadwi came from South Africa. On this occasion an important seminar was held on the
Dawah and thinking of Maulana Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi and about 30 treatises were presented.
Since then this center is busy in its work.
• Four research workers are in the Department of Research and Study. One is working on
Qura’an, one on Hadith, one on Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh) and one on Islamic thinking.
• In the department of training, there are 11 research workers.
• One librarian with one assistant and two helpers.
• One is in charge of computer center who provides training in computer and performs does
composing work for the center.
From 6 January 2009, a monthly magazine is being published in Urdu under the name of Payam-e-
Arafat whose English and Hindi edition entitled “Arafat Voice” and “Arafat Kiran” respectively, is
being published regularly, by the grace of Allah. However, a magazine by the name of Tameer-e-
Afkar (quarterly in Urdu) is also being published, from past three years.
A programme of establishing primary Islamic schools is also going on in the neighbouring places. Up
to now, about eleven primary schools have been established, by the grace of Allah.
The current expenditure of the above is about eighty thousands per month on the salaries of staff
and primary school teachers, as well as on the research workers.
• Next year, the center is looking forward to increase the number of research workers in the
department of jurisprudence and specialization.
• There is a need of expanding the work of primary schools.
• Important literary works in the publication department of “Sayyid Ahmad Shaheed Academy” are
pending for publications.
• A work of a website is finalizing, in which Hazrat Maulana’s literary works will be uploaded for
• It is also in the objectives of the center to rearrange and publish Hazrat Maulana’s pamphlets
and old essays. Up to now, two books have been published on the life and works, and ideology
and dawah of Hazrat Maulana.
• The publication of the literary research projects assigned to the research workers is also an
• A collection of important books for the library is also greatly needed.
• Residential quarters for the permanent research scholars is in needed; if two quarters can be
arranged early, then the need could be fulfilled.
• Need of computers for every research worker.
• Distribution of the books on Islamic ideology and dawah.
• Assistance of Islamic centers and mosques.
For all these jobs, money is a big problem. So, every person of Islamic ideology and dawah is
appealed to cooperate and help in this Islamic dawah, literary, ideological and religious scheme, so
that the center could fulfill its objectives, and a work for the nation could be done in a better way.
For this purpose, our representatives are coming to you. We hope that you will cooperate and
guide them in the best way.